THE EVENT IS SOLD OUT!!
Join Canada's biggest marijuana legalization team for an amazing weekend!
Sensible BC’s Inaugural Conference & Training Workshop!
Friday Oct 3-Sunday 5th, 2014
SFU Harbour Centre, Vancouver (MAP)
Be inspired. Own your skills.
Join our team to create the change we want to see in the world.
This is an incredible chance to learn new skills, get to know your fellow Sensible BC team members from across the province, and hear from some of the biggest names in the anti-prohibition movement.
- Friday and Saturday evening fun social events
- 2 Full days of discussions, goal-setting, skills building, free flowing ideas and new thinking
- Lunches and snacks provided during the workshop days
- Talks and discussions with some of Canada's top marijuana activists
- Training and skill-building with top-notch instructors
We will have experienced campaigners leading discussion and teaching best practices in a variety of areas including:
- I Hear You Knocking..... Canvassing tactics
- Can You See the Forest for the Trees?.... Campaign Management
- The Right Tool Will Get You There.....Know and use Nation Builder
- There is an I and You in Communication... effective communication speaks the truth
- Sea to Sky Salons....From in-depth exploration of campaign issues and practices to the sky is the limit thinking these small group sessions will generate the focus of our work moving forward.
Are you are looking to get involved with Sensible BC? Do you want to learn more about how you can take action in your community? This weekend has been designed to satisfy your curiosity and inspire you to keep connecting to the ever expanding circles of agitators.
Here’s a quick overview of the weekend:
Friday, Oct 3: The conference kick-off will be at the BCMP Vapour Lounge (307 West Hastings Street, Vancouver). Registration starts at 7pm followed by a welcome and legacy speech from Dana Larsen. It’ll be a fantastic time to mingle, socialize and connect with others from across the province.
Saturday, Oct 4: We’ll start with coffee, conversation and guest speaker at SFU Harbour Centre (515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver), the day will continue with workshops including sessions on the nuts and bolts of organizing, the importance of relationship building, and our key strategies moving forward.
It won’t be all work and no play - you are also invited to our Saturday Night Soiree at Astorino's (1739 Venables Street, Vancouver). The event starts at 7:00pm and make sure to bring your dancing shoes!
Sunday, Oct 5: We’ll reconvene at Harbour Centre at 9am for our final day of workshops, discussions, speakers, and our steps moving forward. We’ll close with a call for your commitment to get active in your community to ensure our success.
For a detailed breakdown of the weekend, please see our Conference Schedule by following this link.
Registering now holds your spot at the Conference and Training Workshop, which has limited availability. We’ll send you workshop descriptions in mid September so you can sign up for those you want to attend. Out-of-Towners check out ride share and billeting options.
For more information you can reach our Event Manager, Amita, at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-343-4687.
A reminder that the regular registration fee is $80 starting Sept 13th!
We hope to see you there!
- DANA LARSEN, Sensible BC Director